AFTER ABORTION CARE & EDUCATION PROGRAM
Impacted by Abortion(s)?
Are you feeling trapped by the memory of a past abortion or abortions? You are not alone. There is hope for you at The LPC. The LPC’s After Abortion Care and Education Program (AACE) can help you process your experience.
Unfortunately, many women have abortions without understanding the serious, irreversible consequences that follow the procedure. Within days, months, or even years after an abortion, many women experience physical and emotional problems stemming from their abortion. Most women have no idea why this is happening to them.
Have you or a friend had one or more abortions?
Have you or she experienced any of the following?
- Guilt and anxiety
- Feelings of helplessness and isolation
- Sadness, grief, remorse
- Frequent or uncontrollable crying
- Urgent need to “talk it out”
- Shame and fear of others finding out
- Alcohol and/or drug abuse to help forget
- Suicidal thoughts
- Relationship problems with boyfriend/spouse or other people
The LPC AACE program provides individual and support group care.
- Individual Care: One-on-one support is tailored to the client’s needs and focuses on working through the grieving process.
- Support Group Care: The groups usually run for 10 meetings (weekly or 2 times a month depending on participants’ schedules). We do our best to put participants into a group that fits their schedule.
Interested in learning more about after abortion care? Complete the form or give us a call at 301.776.9996.