Providing help for today and hope for tomorrow since 1987.
- Equipping individuals before, during, and after pregnancy
- Providing a safe place for individuals to process the impact of reproductive loss, including after-abortion care
- Helping individuals explore their understanding of healthy relationships and intimacy within their life.
The Laurel Pregnancy Center first opened its doors to our community in 1987. A group of community leaders saw a need for helping women navigate through the complexities of relationships, finances, and her future, when faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
Over the years, the Center has evolved and grown to serve both women and men facing not just an unplanned pregnancy, but pregnancy in general. Our goal is to give everyone a trustworthy source of information, resources, and support throughout their reproductive journey.
Our Commitment to Care.
The LPC is a pregnancy help medical clinic. A medical professional is available during clinic hours to answer pregnancy-related questions.
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communications are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- All of our staff and volunteers receive proper training to uphold these standards.
Percent of clients who strongly agreed that they could speak openly about their situation and that they were heard.
Percent of clients who strongly agreed that the information we provided helped clarify their choices.
Percent of clients who strongly agreed that they were treated with respect and kindness.
Source: 2014 client feedback surveys.